Kitchen furniture for indoor kitchens do not have to be structure to withstand the natural elements such as strong winds and frequent rains. However, if you have an outdoor kitchen near your BBQ and outdoor playground set, where you want to install some storage cabinets, you need to prepare them for these natural items. If it does not, the kitchen cabinets will begin to decay and eventually break down, dismantle and potentially destroy your belongings in the cabinets.
Here step by step How to Build Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets:
1. Measure space in which you want to hang your outdoor kitchen cabinets. Measure the overall length of a single cupboard, the height of a single cupboard and the depth of this cupboard. Write these three measurements down. Determine the number of cabinets needed and note the new measures, if they differ from the first series.
2. Place plywood sheets on the floor. Take the measurements and sketch the necessary panels for a single cabinet structure. It consists of two side panels with height and depth measurements, two top and bottom panels with depth and length measurements and a back panel with measurements of height and length, plus an additional inch to Medi Length. Draw an additional panel identical to the back panel of the cabinet doors.
3. Turn on table saw and place the plywood sheet to the blade. Apply a slight pressure to the blade so that the blade begins to cut the plywood. Use the lines you have drawn as your guide to cut the pieces out. Once the cutouts have been completed and the table saw has been cleared, remove chips from the edges of the plywood by sanding them.
4. Build cabinet frame by placing the side panels through each other and the top and bottom panels through each other, but perpendicular to the side panels. The top and bottom panels must go between the two side panels. Nail nails to the corners to secure the panels to each other, using two nails per corner. How to connect the panels, have the level placed at the top of the frame to make sure it is torque.
5. Place back panel at the top of the frame built in step 4. Hammer nails on the perimeter of the back panel, so the nails are attached to the cabinet structure. Nails should be spaced 2 inches away across the perimeter. Put the cabinet up, when it’s over.
6. Take cabinet door panel and locate the center. Draw a line in half and cut into two pieces, which will be two cabinets doors. Sand the edges. Place two hinges on each cabinet door and space evenly away on one side of each cabinet door. Using the 1/4 inch screws and a screwdriver to attach the hinges.
7. Install cabinet doors to the cabinet frame, so the hinges are attached to the side panels of the original cabinet frame. The hinges must be installed inside the frame. Once the doors have been installed, attach the door knobs to the outside of the two doors. Using the 1/4 inch screws and a screwdriver to attach the door knobs.
8. Spray entire kitchen cabinet outdoors with a water repellent spray, so the cabinet can withstand any rain or natural elements of the cabinet may be exposed to. Allow the cabinet to dry completely from the spray before attempting to it.